I got an email from our congressman and they announcement a new economic plan in Congress called The Better Way. For the full outline of the plan, go here. The central elements of the Better Way agenda, according to our Congressman, are:
- More financial independence and no more bailouts.Reward people who work hard and do the right thing, and put an end to bailouts.
- More affordable and reliable energy. Connect our energy boom to consumers, responsibly produce more of our own resources, and end needless delays that hold up jobs and projects.
- More choices for workers and students. Make it easier for people to excel in schools and workplaces, and rip up the red tape that gets in their way.
- Real Internet innovation. Establish clear and consumer-friendly rules that prevent the FCC from making up regulations as it goes along.
- A crack down on lawsuit abuse. Improve protections for consumers and small businesses.